I think I may be trafficked
It is important to first think about your safety!
Both physically and emotionally.
What to do now?
- Think about your safety, physically and emotionally
- Understand this is not your fault and do not blame yourself
- Understand you deserve to be in control of your own body, mind, money, and life
- Come up with a safety plan with someone you trust and do not share your plan with your trafficker
- Know there are people and agencies out there who want to help you
What can you do now?
- Surround yourself with supportive people
- Take a deep look at why you are involved
- Work with a professional to unpack your baggage
- Keep working with which ever program works for you
- Consider the consequences
Not ready to leave, but still want to be safe?
- Find one person you trust and buddy up with them
- Create check in times for with that person and stick to them
- Create a “safe word” and use it if you are in trouble
- Do not do out calls
- Hide a cell phone to call 911 (inside the lining of a purse is useful). Remember, old cell phones with no service can still call 911